The MiddlesexMD Recipe Kit for Sexual Health
An introduction to sexual health after menopause
At MiddlesexMD, we've spent time digesting the research and listening to women like you to figure out "the recipe" for sexual health and comfortable, satisfying intimacy through perimenopause and past menopause. To make it easier to learn about and implement, we've put together this selection of products that cover all the bases:
- For Knowledge, Dr. Barb's book, Yes You Can: Dr. Barb's Recipe for Lifelong Intimacy, which includes both explanation of how changing hormones affect sexuality and tips for compensating.
- For Comfort, a 1.5-ounce tube of our post popular water-based lubricants, Almost Naked; using a lubricant is the simplest step to take to counter vaginal dryness.
- For Sensation, a Celesse vibrator, easy to use, waterproof, and with a battery-powered motor strong enough to deliver the additional stimulation midlife women often need.
- For Pelvic Tone, the BFIT Classic Vaginal Weights, because doing Kegels with an exercise tool helps target the right muscles and increases effectiveness.
- For Emotional Intimacy, Kama Sutra Massage Oil in the sensual Pleasure Garden scent, to encourage touch and pampering.
Also included is a "recipe card" that explains the part played by each of ingredients of the recipe.
Manufacturer: Assembled by MiddlesexMD.
Who Should Consider This Product
We assembled this kit for anyone who's beginning to experience (or hear about) the effects of perimenopause and is investigating what steps to take to maintain her sexual health. It's equally valuable at any point along the midlife path. It's a great way for a partner to start a conversation about what's changing in intimacy, or a meaningful gift for a milestone birthday.
Why We Chose It
We assembled the products with an eye toward both function and value, informed by what women choose at our site and what we believe to be good introductory products in each category.